INTELLIscribe LPR Print Client for TCPIP Printing
INTELLIscribe® is the premier PC-based LPR print client available for Windows® platforms allowing users to print locally or remotely without a network server. And for a lower ownership cost than a network server. With INTELLIscribe, users can easily print via IP address from ANY Windows platform. This gives Windows users the ability to print to an IP address.
INTELLIscribe is a TCP/IP Print Client supporting LPR/LPD protocol and HP JetDirect® printers. INTELLIscribe offers the ability to spool and print data to any networked printer, hardware print server, Windows LPD, Unix LPD, AS/400 LPD, or mainframe LPD without a network server! Our LPR Client has many features that cannot be found in any other LPR client!
INTELLIscribe enhances printing functions by offering features not found in other print clients or Windows printing options. INTELLIscribe proves to be a robust and useful tool for enabling and enhancing printing capabilities (via LPR LPD protocol) in environments where a domain server is used or when the server is not available.
How INTELLIscribe works
- A user prints a file from any application to a Windows printer. This printer is configured to print through "INTELLIscribe".
- Using the print driver, the application formats the data specifically for the printer. When finished, the formatted print file is placed in the Windows print manager, commonly called the "spooler".
- INTELLIscribe then intercepts the print job from the Windows spooler. Using this method allows INTELLIscribe to print to virtually any type of printer without affecting either the application or the Windows print manager.
- Finally, INTELLIscribe spools the print job to the destination(s) configured in the "Virtual Printer Port". Almost any TCP/IP addressable printer or print server will work.
INTELLIscribe's features and options make it the sensible choice for a fast-paced business environment. INTELLIscribe runs as a service on Windows NT/2000/XP and will run on ALL Windows Platforms.
INTELLIscribe Remote Printing Features
- Advanced User-Interface
- Reduced Demand on Server
- Easy Reprint
- Automated Setup
- Simple Configuration
- History and Archiving
- Command-Line Interface
- Shared Printing
- Round Robin Printing
- Destination Balancing
- Drag & Drop Printing
- Fail-Over Printing
- Setup Replication
- Broadcast / Multicast Printing
|Please visit our LPR Printing Features page which gives an in-depth explanation on the above features.